Welcome to Canvas Online Learning
Canvas is the new learning management system (LMS) that PUSD students and teachers are using in 2020-2021 for both distance learning (and in-person learning days, whenever this is possible). Canvas streamlines all the digital tools and content that teachers and students love, for a simpler and more connected learning experience.
To access Canvas students can use their PUSD-assigned Chromebook/device and:
- Sign in using their PUSD student account and password.
- Go to their Clever Dashboard and find the Canvas App.
- Or, sign in on another device by going to - which will take you to the PUSD education portal login page.
Link to Canvas Login
Video Tutorial on Accessing and Navigating Canvas
Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS) designed to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place. The Canvas Parent app allows parents to engage in their children's education by providing access to important class information. The Canvas Parent app is available for parents using iOS or Android devices and by visiting , where observer accounts can be easily configured in just a few minutes.
With the Canvas Observer account, parents can
- View the list of courses where their students are enrolled. For each course, parents can see syllabus, ssignments (title, due date, and instructions) and events.
- Set alerts to view course announcements and/or receive reminders for a specific assignment or event (sent to mobile devices as push notifications).
- Monitor their child’s performance on Canvas assignments (final grade reported in Pinnacle).
With the Canvas Observer account, parents cannot
- Submit assignments, participate in discussions or take quizzes on their child’s behalf.
- Access course content (files, pages, other students’ work, etc.)
- Participate in the course in any way.
To set up the Canvas App, download the instructure app and complete the following steps:
Click Find School
Type 精东影业 USD - Parents
Click Create Account
Enter Account Credentials, Student Pairing Code, Complete Registration, then tap Start Participating
View Parent App
To get your student’s pairing code, have your student login to their Canvas account, then click on Account, then click on Settings, then Pair with Observer. This will give you your student’s pairing code that you need to create your account.